Your Privacy and Security
You acknowledge that by providing your personal data to us, you consent to its processing in the manners outlined below. When providing personal data about others, you confirm that you have the consent of these individuals to supply their personal data. We are unable to offer you any product or service unless you provide explicit consent for the collection and use of sensitive personal data as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Data we collect
We collect personal data and sensitive personal data as part of providing services to you. We may also monitor or record calls, emails, SMS messages or other communications in accordance with UK law.
We may collect your Driving Licence Number as part of your application for our services. For details relating to information held about you by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (“DVLA”) please visit www.dvla.gov.uk. and www.mylicence.org.uk. To view your driving licence, visit www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence.
When data is collected
We will collect your personal data when:
- You make customer enquiries
- You register for information or other services
- You register a claim
- You respond to communications or surveys
- We require additional information from you for validation purposes
- We receive this information from your insurance provider
How your data is used
We will use your data for:
- Registering your claim with your insurers and third party insurers
- Negotiating and progressing your claim with your insurers and third party insurers
- Arranging services on your behalf with our network of partner suppliers
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Verifying your identity when required
- Undertaking market research, product development and statistical purposes
- Keeping you informed about developments with your claim by email, telephone, SMS or post
- For assessment and analysis to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer.
To ensure an efficient and speedy claim process we will take instruction from you or any other person provided they are named on the policy. If you would like someone else to deal with your claim on your behalf please let us know.
If you give us data about another person, in doing so you confirm that they have given you permission to provide it to us to be able to process their personal data (including any sensitive personal data) and also that you have told them who we are and what we will use their data for, as set out in this policy.
Who has access to your data
Apart from ourselves, other companies that may have access to your data include:
- Your insurance provider
- Third party insurance providers
- Our network of suppliers (repairers and hire companies)
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, in which case you agree that any personal data we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party
Request your data
You have the right to access the data we hold about you under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998
To request this please contact us at email@example.com
Confidentiality and disclosure of your data
We will endeavour to treat your personal data as private and confidential.
We would like to bring to your attention our obligations to disclose data in the following exceptional cases permitted by law, and the other situations set out below. These are:
- Where we are legally compelled to do so
- Where there is a duty to the public to disclose
- Where disclosure is required to protect our interest
- Where disclosure is made at your request or with your consent
- In the unfortunate event that you have to make a claim then we will need to disclose data with any other party involved in that claim. This may include:
- Third parties involved with the claim, their insurer, solicitor or representative
- Medical teams, the police or other investigators
If you make a complaint about the service we have provided, we may be obliged to forward details about your complaint, including your personal data, to the relevant ombudsman. You can be assured that they are similarly obliged to adhere to the Data Protection Act and keep your personal data strictly confidential.
Changes to this policy
From time to time we may need to change the way we use your personal data. Where we believe you may not reasonably expect such a change we will write to you. When we do so, you will have 60 days to object to the change but if we do not hear from you within that time you consent to that change.
Recording of telephone conversations
For training purposes we record all our telephone conversations. In some instances we may need to share these recordings with parties concerned with your claim when there is a valid reason to do so.
CCTV provided to Active Auto Solutions maybe passed to other parties for the purpose of fulfilling our obligation to resolve a claim for you. The CCTV will only be shared with parties whom have a legitimate interest in the claim, and the resolution of it.